Canada owes me a new camera...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJScubaDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I used to have a Canon Powersho SD550 and was very pleased with the pictures it took topside. I didn't ever have a chance to see what it could do underwater, as it made an unexpected trip to the bottom of the St. Lawrence river while I was up there this past August.

I am now left with a choice. My underwater photography will be limited to the times I'm on vacation (usually once or twice a year) so I'm not looking to spend a bundle ($1000 total).

Should I stick with the SD550 or is my money better spent elsewhere? I like the fact that Canon makes a housing for it, but I'm wondering whether that housing will allow me to add some strobes to the setup. There is so much different photo gear out there my head is spinning, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to take some nice pictures to impress my friends :D

Agree with alcina.

Canon A640 ($300.) + Canon housing (under $200.)

any reccomendation on adding strobes to the setup? i realize there is additional mounting hardware needed, so pointers on that would help too.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom