Canada is no longer warning against non-essential travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As of 21 October 2021, the Government of Canada is no longer warning Canadians against all non-essential travel. The blanket warnings have been removed. In their place was this:

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 8.44.38 AM.png

This is a huge step forward in relaxing of conditions for recreational travel. (To be honest, it was previously a Warning against non-essential travel, not a prohibition against it.)

interesting info but in reality it doesn't really change anything. the biggest news was when they recently made it mandatory for all airlines to require passengers to be fully vaxed. what a crazy world we live in now.

I'm waiting for the PCR/NAAT testing requirement to be removed for land travel from the US. THEN I'll get excited...

I'm waiting for the PCR/NAAT testing requirement to be removed for land travel from the US. THEN I'll get excited...
i heard canadians may be able to cross the land border into the u.s. starting next month. have not heard any fir details yet though.

i heard canadians may be able to cross the land border into the u.s. starting next month. have not heard any fir details yet though.
Yes, that was announced over a week ago. Nov 8. CBSA wants a negative covid test, though. Such tests are around $200 in my province. I'm only making a day trip, so not keen on paying that fee, and unless WA state comes up w/ really fast turnaround times, their free testing won't be of any use to people like me.

I never paid any attention to Gov warning on travelling.
That did not deter me from travelling to Philippines. Just because of ONE disgruntled policeman and the disaster on the rescue operation, hk gov and some peoples locally blamed the whole Philippines for that. The subsequent pathetic development in HK afterward was nothing but absolute stupidity.
There was even talk of sending all Philippines domestic helpers back home!!!! Didn't realize that plenty of house holds in HK just would not be able to function without them!!!!
PCR test at Community test centres in HK cost HK$240.00( a bit less than C$40.00).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom