Can you message someone without it being public?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I mostly use the site on mobile. Unless I’m missing something, there appears to be no way to send someone a private message. Instead, all messages show up on someone’s profile page and are visible to everyone on the “New profile posts” tab.

Is this correct or am I missing something obvious?

I mostly use the site on mobile. Unless I’m missing something, there appears to be no way to send someone a private message. Instead, all messages show up on someone’s profile page and are visible to everyone on the “New profile posts” tab.

Is this correct or am I missing something obvious?
On the top right you should see "Inbox" (might need to turn to landscape on some phones to make it visible)
Click on that and you will see an option for start a new conversation. That will take you into the PM form where you can add participants, a subject and have at it.

If you want to PM someone directly about a post, you can click on "Quote in conversation" bottom right of their post (depending on screen settings, it may be under "Menu" under the post)

This will autostart a PM with that person and insert the quoted post into the first message, like hitting "reply" out front here.

All PM are NOT visible to staff UNLESS you use the report function on it then we can see ONLY that message, not the whole thread.

Feel free to "Quote in conversation" on this if you want to try it out, I shall respond when I get it and you can take it from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom