Can you Identify this Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tx_Jeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am trying to find out what model this bottom timer is so I can get a technical/user manual for it. The date stamp on it is 10/95 and it still works. I just want to know what other features it has and if I will be able to replace the battery when the time comes.

mares_computer.jpg

Looks like a bottom timer - same basic display as current OMS or Uwatec with a Mares brand on the face I think

It looks indeed very much like the UWATEC bottomtimer, the only thing different is the name.
If this is the case (which I´m sure of) you will not be able to change the battery. With a 100 dives per year the battery should last about 11 years.
It has a small logfunction that logs the last 9 dives and after a dive it will give you the surface time up to 24h after the dive. This it what it can do beside giving you information about current depth, max. depth, temp., and dive time during your dive.
I think you enter the logfunction by pressing the right and left buttom at the same time.

Yep, MARES bottom timer/depth gauge. My LDS has a few in rental gear. I'll try and find a user manual for this item. If I do find one, I'll scan it and send it to you. If not, at least I can get the model number for you.

pt40fathoms:
Yep, MARES bottom timer/depth gauge. My LDS has a few in rental gear. I'll try and find a user manual for this item. If I do find one, I'll scan it and send it to you. If not, at least I can get the model number for you.
Thanks I would apreciate it. I plan on getting a quality computer as I progress through the ranks, but that is down the road yet.

Tx_Jeff:
Thanks I would apreciate it. I plan on getting a quality computer as I progress through the ranks, but that is down the road yet.

Actually as you progress through the ranks you’ll end up going back to a bottom timer. If you progress far enough that is.

That was my very first bottom timer!!!! Great device, until the battery died. I think I'm getting choked up :bawling:

Any information you need can still be obtained.from Mares.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom