can this work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chatfouz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i have a scooter that i love to take diving. the problem is the scooter is a problem because most of the diving here a light is almost needed to see through the dirty water. a big ol light takes one hand and the scooter takes 2...

would 2-4 back up lights straped to the front of the scooter work well enough? i mean i know one backup is not as good as a prime. but 3 Princeton Tec Tec 40 Halogen Light
are the same price as the bottom line pimary large divelights. i figure for 50$ instead of buying a prime just strap on 4-5 of these backups around the nose of the scooter would be strong enough to roughly equal the quaility of vision from a primary?

also if no scooter was used i have a velcro hoodie, (it was a class project). it seems easy enough to simply strap all those backup lights to my head for a well really ridiculously looking headlamp... ireally dont care how i look or what others think when i dive.

if it works it works do yall think it could work?

Use a canister light with a goodman handle. Allows you to hold the scooter with both hands, and still flexibility to control your light on your hand. I did a quick google search and this page had the best picture I could find:
Gavin Scooter Trigger Wire Fix

i just done have hundreds of dollars to send on a light. college tuition comes first. could this work. four of these or two Underwater Kinetics Sunlight SL4. both would cost the same. 2 sl4 have more added "watts & lumens" than the four others. but being they are all small beams it seems like multiple beams would be effective to cover a larger space forward.

Back
Top Bottom