Can someone tell me what regulator this is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kip

Registered
Reaction score
any idea regulator this is and when it was made?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3659.jpg
    IMG_3659.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 270
Looks like an argon regulator to me. Cant help outside of that.

Thanks for the reply, I think it is an older sherwood. A dive buddy of mine used it on his pony with an octo. but thanks for the tip, it certainly be used for an argon bottle.

I'd somewhat doubt the argon suggestion due to the number of ports....

As others have said it is a US Divers Conshelf.
Looks like a 21 or 22 to me, but they're all the same internally and only differ in the number and size of the ports.
Service parts are widely available and supported by AquaLung.....part no 90001 is the service kit.
Conshelfs have been made for a long time.....ones of that end cap style have been made from the early 70's to late 90's.
Their history started in the mid 60's Royal Aquamaster and continued to the 1st generation Titan of a couple of years ago.

As mentioned above, it is a Conshelf.

The only odd thing is that the DIN adapter is not of a Conshelf, it is from a Titan. The Conshelf and the Titan are identical regulators on the inside, but the cases are slightly different.

The threads on for the yoke (or DIN adapter) are the same and the yoke are interchangeable. But, the Titan has an extra groove at the base of the yoke threads for the sealing O-ring when the DIN adapter is used. The Conshelf doesn't have that groove and therefore the DIN adapter specifically designed for the Conshelf is a bit different. The O-ring seal inside the adapter against the flat face normally used to seal with a yoke style valve.

I have come up with a way of adapting the Titan DIN to a Conshelf that I feel is reliable, but I am not sure how this one was put together. Looking at the small gap between the DIN screw and the Conshelf body, I would guess that someone just put the O-ring there and tighten it. It will probably never extrude, but it was not designed to work that way.

---------- Post added September 14th, 2013 at 07:00 PM ----------

And BTW, that is one of the all time best first stages ever made, based on durability and performance. The internal parts and design started (in 1965 with the Royal Aqua Master) and is still used with today's Titan and even the Aqua Lung Legend uses the same parts and similar design.

I would like to convert mine to din like that!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom