Can someone tell me how the Fusion Bullet system works?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at the Fusion Bullet Drysuit. As I understand it there is an outer skin and the inner layer. The complete package retails for about $2300. But it looks like you can get the outer skin for about $570 and the inner for $470. If you buy them separately what is missing? Or is this not anywhere near how the thing works?

I am looking at the Fusion Bullet Drysuit. As I understand it there is an outer skin and the inner layer. The complete package retails for about $2300. But it looks like you can get the outer skin for about $570 and the inner for $470. If you buy them separately what is missing? Or is this not anywhere near how the thing works?

You don't want to buy them separately. Most people would only buy a separate skin if they wanted to change things or if they had the original Fusion Sport skin which didn't have pockets.

The Fusion is the waterproof inner core with the zipper, seals, valves. The outer skin is a skin. Think of a trash bag compressed by pantyhose. I have the Fusion Fit, which is the women's version.

Very important: make sure you get the Fusion that has a Canadian-made inner core. It will say made in Canada on the tag inside the inner core. They moved production to Mexico for a while, which resulted in leaking inner cores that had to be replaced under warranty. We're lucky AquaLung did that. My inner core had to be replaced.

Where are you seeing you can buy the inner core separately? That is not shown on the AL US website.

And since the inner core is the more complicated of the two layers, there is no way it would cost $470, less than the skin!

Keep in mind that there are 2 different generations of the suits.
- Gen 1: Whites Fusion & Aqualung Drycore Fusion (AL bought Whites)
- Gen 2: Aqualung Aircore Fusion (see Marie's note above about core source)

You can't interchange the components between generations because the connection style was changed.

Back
Top Bottom