Can someone please identify this First stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
image.jpeg

Hi all can someone please identify this first stage? Possibly scubapro? Is it worth rebuilding? Are parts readily available? Would it be a tech level first stage?
Thanks Chris

It looks like a Mk10 but I'm just guessing...

Capture.JPG

Yep, mk-10 w/ SPEC band. VDH has the kits. Legendary regulator.

If the seat retainer (disk on end by your pinky) s chrome, then it is a Mk10 and service parts are pretty easy to find. If it is a matte finish, then it is a Mk10+ which takes a proprietary Scubapro seat.

That protective cap will not seal out water on the din connection.

If the seat retainer (disk on end by your pinky) s chrome, then it is a Mk10 and service parts are pretty easy to find. If it is a matte finish, then it is a Mk10+ which takes a proprietary Scubapro seat.

That protective cap will not seal out water on the din connection.

Good call, it's a yoke dust cap on a DIN reg. He'll have to buy a DIN cap.

Hello - can anyone tell me if this is a MK5(gen??) or MK10 or something else?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 77
Looks like a third generation Mk5. The early ones had two LP ports on the swiveling turent.

Last edited:
MK10 SPEC with DIN. But I do not think that is a SPEC boot as it has holes. I believe that is actually a "trim" boot that is installed in the boot cavity when the ambient chamber is not filled with grease.
....................................................................................................................................................................
Ooops. Sorry, I was looking at the OP photo.

Hi Kismias,

Welcome to ScubaBoard. That is a heavy yoke MK5 with 5 low pressure ports which make it one of the more desirable ones. Parts and/or service are available from www.vintagedoublehose.com

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom