Can I polish a chunk of coal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

costi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a question about my SeaLife Sportdiver non digital camera. I recently purchased the camera, then added the lens kit. Now I am debating whether or not the camera is worth investing money for a light. I've only run a couple of rolls of film through it thus far and the quality is a bit better than the "disposable cameras".

I purchased it to get me started with underwater photography and now it looks like I've opened a can of worms. I don't mind spending the money if it is a worthwhile investment, but I am a bit adverse to throwing money into a camera that is what it is and will never give me high quality pics. The camera was only about $100.00 at the LDS and the lens kit wasinexpensive as well. I believe the light I was looking at was close to $200.00.
I'd appreciate any input! Bob

It's film so I wouldn't put any more money into it. Digital is just so much more versatile. You'll get instant preview of your shots, no more film to buy! You only buy a memory card once and use it over and over again. It's a breeze to get the photos into your computer to email and share with friends and family versus having the expense of film developing and either scanning the photos or paying to have them digitized and put on CD. And you can get a decent point and shoot digital camera and housing for very reasonable prices.

Well what can one say?? Don't you know, naughty boys get a chunk of coal for Christmas :>)

Dee:
It's film so I wouldn't put any more money into it. Digital is just so much more versatile. You'll get instant preview of your shots, no more film to buy! You only buy a memory card once and use it over and over again. It's a breeze to get the photos into your computer to email and share with friends and family versus having the expense of film developing and either scanning the photos or paying to have them digitized and put on CD. And you can get a decent point and shoot digital camera and housing for very reasonable prices.
Thaks for the input y'all. That's pretty much what I thought. I'll just use it for what it was intended and start giving some serious thought as to what I actually want to do with photography underwater. Just when I thought my major expenses were over (purchasing basic diving equipment), I start getting the picture bug! I LOVE THIS SPORT! thanks again, and I would be interested in your opinions on a good functional digital complete system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom