Can I challenge anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
Wow, I think this should be a monthly challenge! With a poll to vote for the winner!

Fisherdvm???? :D

Wauw! I am really impressed by your work. It is definitely less grainy then the picture I edited. But apparently some graininess is embedded in the orginal picture it seems. In the meantime I will go look for a decent online service in the Netherlands who can print this picture. Probably better if I dont go for a too large print (in order to avoid more grain?)

You have to consider a few factors when photo retouching.

One is...a bad photo is a lost photo. BUT!!! Photoshop can work wonders and turn that bad dark photo into something half decent. SO you can make a smaller print of it.

Two, when photo retouching. You have to put the photo in to CMYK Mode. You can have more control with certain colours which can help alot in turning a bad photo into something worth printing. When you print, especialy high end printers such as a photo printer or even colour printers. They use 4 inks. Cyan, magenta, yellow and black, and some use seven variations of colours to get more depth.

Three: Your monitor must be calibrated. Meaning the white balance and contrast will vary from monitor to monitor. Thus not giving you the true colour or a variation of colour. So what ever you view is in RGB. By doing a change of MODE once you did a photo retouch in RGB..you get a different result in CMYK. And you may have to tweek it more in CMYK. and also Colour is a personal perception. One man's red is another man's pink...er something like that.

I am an Art Director and do this on a regular basis. Retouching models to make them...well...not real. What you see on a magazine cover is the result of some very good photoshop work.

I will try and up load the two variations to give you a better idea. But I am having a bit of an issue here at work.

What has been already uploaded is good. Compared to the original.

I got the same results. The photo is grainy, but if you use a despeckle it will remove some of the grainy texture. I lightened up the image slightly and removed the yellow alittle. There are high FLARES from the light source, that can be altered with an airbrush set at a very mild 5% an a small brush...just enough to tone down the highlights. Use the colour surrounding the highlights ( around the nose area ).

Stephen

EDIT..I uploaded a sample of what I did in CMYK...it is still grainy.

Attachments

• stevesample.jpg
    stevesample.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 86
wow that is totally amazing everyone. And what a cute photo.

Back
Top Bottom