Can GARMIN Descent Dive Computers hold dive data on the watch itself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nudibranco

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tavolara marine park - Coda Cavallo - Sardinia -
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just got a beautiful Garmin Descent MK2. However I am trying to keep the divelog on the computer itself.

It seems all activity is updated automatically to the smartphone and history data is deleted!

Not sure how to make it stay on the computer activity list.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Andrea

I have just checked and dive history stay on mine (MK2i) In the widget menu you can see them in ‘Dive Log’ or ‘History’ I think both of those are in the widget menus by default, but if not you can add them.

Thanks! But everything got canceled ....not on the widget... and not sure why or how. I have used garmin connect and garmin express..logs are there... but why not on the descent mk2 ??? Could not find a setting to prevent deleting them

Possibly it happened during some synch operation?

Baffled

It definitely sounds like some setting has been changed. I can see the history on mine shows 80 activities (I have only had it a few months). Activities on mine are a mix of diving and cycling. Maybe worth a look on the Garmin forum to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Garmin devices including the Descent Mk2 will keep all recent activity FIT files on the watch itself. It only automatically deletes old activities when it runs low on local storage space. If that's not working for you then I would try a factory reset first, and if that doesn't help then open a ticket with Garmin technical support.

Are you certain the activities are really deleted? Try scrolling through recent activities.

If the dive activity was uploaded to Garmin Connect but deleted from the watch then you can also download the FIT file and manually copy it back to the watch using the USB cable.

Back
Top Bottom