Can Australia do it for the 10th time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi friends, I am a cricket maniac and I am really excited about the forthcoming Test series between the host England and the visitors Australia. They will be seen in action in later half of July for the most prestigious The Ashes Trophy, 2005. England will be playing for glory and Australia will be playing to defend the trophy as they are doing it for the last 9 years. This time English players like Kevin Peterson, Harmison & Andrew Flintoff will be heavy for Australia. Last night I came across a very good site named http://cricket.123india.com from where I got the latest informations about The Ashes Series 2005.Looking towards the past, bowling department of the teams will be the playing factor. Now let’s see which side makes the race.

Could you possibly give the unenlightened, heathen members of the earthly community a clear and concise explanation of the game of cricket and how it is played . . . PLEASE ???

the K

ooh, yeah, i've always wondered.

The Kraken:
Could you possibly give the unenlightened, heathen members of the earthly community a clear and concise explanation of the game of cricket and how it is played . . . PLEASE ???

the K

ROFL

You'll be waiting a long time!! :11: :wink:

The Kraken:

the K

Well. There is a short version:

The game is played by two groups.
The first group is in and the second group goes out.
Some of the group which is in, go out.
The group that is out, tries to get the group that is in, out.
When one of the group that is in, is out, he goes in and the
next one goes out.
Then when all of the first group (except one) that is in, is out,
the second group that is out goes in.
The first group now goes out and tries to get the second group,
who now are in, out.

Only when both groups have been in and out twice is there a
conclusion.

and there is a long version:
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/hosking/cricket/explanation.htm

:D

It's easy really.....even kids play it! :wink:

Kim:
Well. There is a short version:

The game is played by two groups.
The first group is in and the second group goes out.
Some of the group which is in, go out.
The group that is out, tries to get the group that is in, out.
When one of the group that is in, is out, he goes in and the
next one goes out.
Then when all of the first group (except one) that is in, is out,
the second group that is out goes in.
The first group now goes out and tries to get the second group,
who now are in, out.

Only when both groups have been in and out twice is there a
conclusion.

and there is a long version:
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/hosking/cricket/explanation.htm

:D

It's easy really.....even kids play it! :wink:

That is priceless. I could understand it how about the rest of the board? :wink:

cdiver2:
That is priceless. I could understand it how about the rest of the board? :wink:

Some people have problems with it. That's why you have that girly game......rounders! :eyebrow:

wow, kim, thanks for the link. i think it just seems complicated because 'all' of the rules are reviewed. after all, if we had to go into the balk evey time we explained baseball, it would seem complex, too. i'd like to see part of a game sometime, though i don't think 6 hours would be necessary.

BabyDuck:
i'd like to see part of a game sometime, though i don't think 6 hours would be necessary.

That's the short version! The real one is 5 days! :D

i can't think of any sport i'd watch 6 hours, let alone 5 days. ok, maybe hold'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom