Can anyone ID this tank by this one photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Apparently no brand name etched on the tank. Seller asks $20 for an aluminum 80 in hydro for the next 2+ years.

Attachments

• 62466287_426184977962980_8849262088812494848_n.jpg
    62466287_426184977962980_8849262088812494848_n.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 218
Yes, but not by me. I have a friend who can look at the neck and knows what it is. That one has a very distinctive neck, I remember him trying to teach me once and that was the easy one to pick out. I didn't learn.

If I'd ever seen one like that I would have remembered, as it is quite distinctive. May be @Sam Miller III would shed some light on the tank, he has seen more than I, and remembers better.

Good luck

Bob

If I remember correctly it looks like the neck of a Catalina pony bottle. I’m almost positive it’s not luxefer.

I would assume an AL40

Yes, but not by me. I have a friend who can look at the neck and knows what it is. That one has a very distinctive neck, I remember him trying to teach me once and that was the easy one to pick out. I didn't learn.

I just noticed that it is a rather unusual neck. Didn’t notice that before, thanks.

Sad, that means that they were made of 6351-T6 Alum. The only reasonable treatment is to sell as scrap alum to a junkyard. The current alum price in the metalsmarket is almost 1800 USD per metric ton, most junkyards will be unwilling to give you more than 0.60 per Lb.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom