Can anyone help... Mares Puck dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HfR

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I am relatively new to diving, and have been diving for just three months, I have been using my Mares Puck, but somehow have changed the settings so that it will now only let me dive once in 24hours. On the second descent it will not activate and just gives me the hours till I can fly. So I can only dive once in 24 hours. This has happened twice and I have had to abort my second dive. I am travelling for a year and have lost my manual, I also have limited internet access. I do not return to the Uk till June but need to dive next week.
Can anyone tell me either how to contact mares, as I can find no email on their website, or tell me how to find out how to change my settings? I am only near the internet for two more days.

May be to late for you... here is a link to the manual. Manuals - Downloads - Mares

I don't think there is a 'one dive a day' feature, but there are some lock-outs - do you ascend quicker than the computer wants do you miss deco stops (not safety stops)? These can lock the computer.

You can still dive multiple dives, use your tables, depth gauge and timer :wink:

Of course the computer could be faulty!

It should only lock out for 24 hours. Might have gotten stuck in BT mode. Should be a way to do a factory reset or to clear the NDL state. My Icon does.

It should only lock out for 24 hours.

He says he can only do one dive in 24 hours, hence the comments on lock-out.

The Puck does no have a 'clear' NDL. The Puck 2 (more resent firmware) can be cleared but only when connected to a computer with 'Dive Organizer' software.

The mares puck will lock you out if over 50% of your accent exceeds 30ft per sec or 20% exceeds 60ft per sec. There is an accent alarm too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom