Can anyone confirm that ATM's dont

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATMs here will take US cards and UK cards, and very probably most others. However, they will only pay out in Belize dollars. The ATM I use is right next to the airstrip at Scotia Bank, and it hasn't failed me yet (except when my account was empty, and you can't really blame that on the ATM!).

Quite a few businesses will take payment by card - dive shops, tour companies, most hotels, bigger restaurants. However, street traders and small shops won't so always make sure you have some cash with you. US$ are accepted anywhere, at the xrate of 2:1.

You may be talking about or heard of the Atlantic local card ATM that only accepts local issued cards but those are few and far between as Peter says all others will accept any card with the Visa Mastercard nexus Cirrus logos and dispense in Belize dollars.

Gaz

I have been using my UK bank cards (VISA) at most ATMs in Belize for the last year and a half. The only one that charges me is Belize Bank. You can use your card in some top restaurants and stores.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom