camers shutting off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwaver

Registered
Reaction score
i'm trying my hand at UW photography. I just bought my 1st point and shoot digital. My camera will shut itself off if no activity after 10 min. Thats the longest I can progam it for. Is there another solution, or , due I just keep shooting to keep it active?

You could just tap (half press) the shutter every few minutes as your swimming along, that should keep it ready for a shot when you are.

You can also check in the settings if there is any options that will allow you to disable this or exted the shutt of time.This will vary on camera model's.

Regards

Maricn

I just bump the zoom on mine every now and then. It's a pain but something you learn to live with.

I think if you leave the full time auto-focus on (if it has that feature) the camera won't shut down, but you'll run down your battery a lot faster. I do the half press, but I often don't check it often enough and that great shot comes along and goes away while I stab at the shutter and wait for the stupid thing to come back to life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom