Camera Tray - grease and/or threadlock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a new-ish owner of your camera tray and have a few questions.

First, I love it - I'm a first time underwater videographer, and I wouldn't be doing this without your tray - a great balance of performance and cost!

Second, you might want to put the sticker+grease package on TOP of the tray. In my case, that was completely buried under the brown paper packing material, and I never even noticed it until this week, when I was tearing down the shipping box! I've got 5 dives on the rig and I had been wondering if there was any maintenance. Now I know :)

I disassembled the rig to the component nuts and bolts. You provide marine grease (THANKS!) which I used on the re-assembly.

But it looks like some of the nuts had red thread lock in them? Do you recommend LocTite or equivalent anywhere, or just the blue marine grease/

Finally, when I need more grease, do you have a recommended brand or specification?

Thanks for a great product. I've had it on two boat trips in San Diego, and always get comments about how streamlined it looks. I may have "sold" one or two units for you; people graduating from the simple GoPro handle :)

Thanks for a great product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom