Camera suggestion (amatuer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi: I'm looking for a camera ($300-400 range). I was hoping I could find something that we could use for normal family photography and that I could also take on dives.

I like what I'v read about the Kodak DX series cameras but I have no idea if an underwater case is available for them.

thanks,
russ

Olympus is the most popular as you will see in previous threads. The problem is that $400 does not leave you with much room for a camera AND a housing. You might be able to get a 3 megapixel Olympus D560 and equivalent PT housing for around $400.

Canon is also popular. The A70 is a three megapixel model and can be purchased for about $300. They also make the A60 which is a 2 megapixel that can be had for about $200. My own advice is to get a model with at least 3 megapixels.

Kodak has some nice cameras but there are few housings for them. If you purchase a popular housing you will find that accessories such as strobes and wide angle lenses are more available. Get the camera and housing and you will be able to rent the accessories that you need.

Back
Top Bottom