Camera stowing in Sidemount configuration....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive_Junkie_

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi All,
Been looking through this site from time to time when Ive had questions, but this is my first post.

Im planning a cave dive soon and will be brining my camera. I'm just wondering in other peoples experience what is the best way to stow a camera in SM config.

Some factors:-

- I will be diving with a stage, so 3 tanks and only my right side and butt D-ring will be free.
- Its a compact camera with housing and handles its aprox 20cm3, the rest of the team will bring lights.
- There will be a restriction where i will drop my stage before but otherwise the cave is quiet wide for the most part.

My main concerns is obviously just damaging the housing. In the past if seen people stow on the butt D-ring, however Im just curious what you all have to say.

Thank you in advanced for your input!

What BC?
I can't reach my butt d-ring worth a damn in SM. I put cameras the same place I put reels, on the left or right rail with the lens up and the back of the camera laying on the cylinder.

It a Xdeep Stealth 2.0 TEC

Unless you do a temporary clip off to the chest you're stuck with your butt. The best dome port cover you can find will be your best friend. You might even consider making an extra neoprene "hood" with a draw string (like a stuff sack) to go on top of your stock cover.

Unless you do a temporary clip off to the chest you're stuck with your butt. The best dome port cover you can find will be your best friend. You might even consider making an extra neoprene "hood" with a draw string (like a stuff sack) to go on top of your stock cover.[/QU

I use a dome port cover but I like your neoprene sack idea.

Thanks for your input...

If you find an old discarded 3mm wetsuit you can glue it into a round "bag". Maybe a bit of hand sewing to reinforce the seamgrip. For something like this cheap and recycled is good

Not SM, but a buddy of mine clips his off like a stage cylinder in BM, on the right side. 2 clips on the light/strobe arms and a d-ring on his light can....

Maybe similar with your SM setup. Done coverS for sure ...

_R

Back
Top Bottom