Camera Setup Buoyancy Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMGibson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All, I just purchased 2 BigBlue 4200 lights for my GoPro 7 and am now trying to figure out the rest of the set up. Will a standard tray with flex arms be fine or should I add some buoyancy like floating arms. I leave for Socorro in a less than 2 weeks and don't have a chance to test dive a set up right now.

Thanks!

I don't have experience with float arms, but if you are worried about buoyancy with your flex arm set-up, you could buy a set of these, and add/remove as needed.

Beneath the Surface Buoyancy Float Kit for 1/2" Flex Arms
BF-FLEX75-YS.png

I have a hero7black, supersuit, aluminum tray and 2x bigblu 4200 lights... Hey, so do you! I purchased 2 chinese 8" carbon fiber float arms off Amazon for about 30 bucks each and they make my rig almost neutrally buoyant. A little negative, but a hell of a lot better than no flotation. For $60, it's certainly worthwhile

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom