Camera question at the airport ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to my knowledge but I have not been there post C-wordimic. I have a trip planned to Cozumel for early November and am concerned given the OP was questioned. Thus my question, has anyone brought "professional" and higher end photo gear into Cozumel recently and where they hassled?

James
I am going to Cozumel Dec 4; need to decide what photo equipment to take, if any!

@tursiops, I understand. In my case, if no camera, no me, I will go elsewhere.

But, let's not get too excited, I do not know of anyone who has even been bothered with camera gear in Cozumel and unless this is something new (resulting from the C-pandemonium ?) and I have been going there for years.

?

James

Just following up. I go through the Cozumel airport once a month if not more. This was the first time I have ever been asked (was not asked in August) , but it might have been just a random question as opposed to a new normal. I was just checking with the crowd to see if anyone had been asked in past few weeks. My guess is I will bring some gear that is being serviced on the states back to Cozumel in late October and will see what happens then. Will actually come through airport without anything in a couple of weeks so will listen to see what I am asked , but real test would be late October with gear if my schedule holds.

To be clear—I certainly wouldn’t change any plans to come to Cozumel based just on that one question on one trip. I have never heard of anyone being hit with customs charges on cameras or housings in Cozumel (yet ).

I just got back yesterday and I had a camera case with me. They asked me what was in it, when I said dive camera, she asked how many. I said one and she said OK and sent me away.
Thanks for the report.
What kind of camera case was it? (Roller bag, Pelican, shoulder bag, backpack...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom