Camera or dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have some money from Christmas that I can use without any permission from the Misses. The question I have is do I acquire a camera, digital or film, or do I acquire a housing for my Sony 8mm camera or final choice get a couple of lights for Jr. and myself????

I started a thread about a week or so ago and asked about an entry level film camera and everyone steered me towards a digital camera like the Olympus with a housing. It does seem that the digital is a little more useable system for a beginner since you can see your results right away and delete pictures that do not turn out, therefore saving processing cost.

I do not anticipate becoming some kind of professional photographer I would just like the ability to snap some shots of my son and I diving. We will be diving mostly in Michigan local lakes and probably some quarries. If I were to purchase a camera for this purpose and this purpose only would I be okay with the purchase of say the SeaLife 300 3.3 mega pixel camera or is there a better route say maybe the 200 or the 250?

I also own a Sony 8mm Hi-8 camera and have found a housing only for it for $359. Sorry Padiprodo I do not feel confident enough in building my own housing for this. It says the housing can be upgraded to full control of this camera via electronic controls for $200 at anytime.

The third option is do I skip the camera and go for either building Scott's lights or at least trying or going to a site like Hawes or Pro Watt to buy a couple of lights so that James and I will have good primary lights?

Too many thoughts and with money to burn!

Mitten Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom