Camera housing for deep diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
I am working on a project which is going to require us to take a video or still photo's at 120-150 meters deep. Most of the housing I see only are rated to 75 meters. Does anybody know of a company that has camera equipment that will work at this depth.

Bruce

Bruce,

I don't know.

But a man that might is Andy at Atlantis in Puerto Galera.

After all he was one of the key men in organizing John Bennets 308m Dive and I do remember stills and video on Dicovery Channel:wink:

Or Ethei , he is Atlantis's resident photo geek. Also he was one of John's support divers if I remember correctly.

Give me a shout if you don't have a contact for him.

Cheers

The Hamburger,
Funny you should mention John, I just emailed him about a hour ago asking him if he knew of anybody or a camera company. Could you send me the contact info if you have it handy just in case John is out on a project or something.

Bruce

Nexus housings are rated to 450 feet. I have had mine down to around 190 without any problem, except getting enough light out of normal twin stobes at 150 meters might be a problem (can't answer that one however). Think both the nikon slr and digital housings are both rated about the same. Check with info@nexusamerica.com

Hello,

In another post I listed several housings that's rated to well over 1,000 feet.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom