Camera Found in Cozumel, Trying to locate owner for return.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes that Pyramid is the one out from Hotel Cozumel. I don't recognize the boat or whose tanks are being used but they maybe stayed at either SCC or Hotel Coz as suggested above. This is an older photo of it. Someone has cleaned it up recently.

IMG_1956v1.jpg

I just took another look at the photos and at least one diver is wearing a Hotel Cozumel All Inclusive bracelet good for a 10 day or less stay. I'll send a friend request to pass that info on.

Yes that Pyramid is the one out from Hotel Cozumel. I don't recognize the boat or whose tanks are being used but they maybe stayed at either SCC or Hotel Coz as suggested above. This is an older photo of it. Someone has cleaned it up recently.

IMG_1956v1.jpg

The top was on it in August 2015, just as in your photo. In the FB post of the photo from the lost camera, the top is missing and looks like it may be in the sand to the right of the main structure. Being so shallow, it wouldn't take a hurricane to knock it off.

I did my usual shore dive on Feb 4 to check my gear & weight & have a photos of the top in place. there was a small puffer playing cat & mouse with me using the pyramid's top.

One more thought, AND anyone reading this might want to pay attention. Most cameras allow adding the owner's name to the EXIF file either as the owner or copyright owner etc. I have my email address in that line. Might be worth checking the full EXIF in hopes that info is there.

Also, take a snapshot of your name, address, and phone number on a plain paper. Post the jpg to the root of the camera card.

Did I miss something? Nowhere here have I seen any mention of what camera make/model was found.

Did I miss something? Nowhere here have I seen any mention of what camera make/model was found.
Nope you didn't miss it.
Simply because if he posted that people will start saying it's their camera. By withholding the type of camera he can ask the claimant to describe it. If they get it right it's likely that they are the true owner.

I found a light some years back and people came out of the wood work claiming they lost one and it was theirs. When I asked them to describe they were way off the mark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom