Camera casing - will a similar model work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flibber

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to getting a second hand waterproof casing for my compact camera and have seen a few on ebay. Although not exact match to my camera I'm wondering how adjustable casings are? Has anyone had had any experience with buying one of the Canon WP-DC range and using it with a non compatable camera, particularly the IXUS range which are all quite similar, even though Canon do produce a different case for each?

Each housing is specific to a given manufacturer and model.
Buttons, levers and any connections are unique to the cameras and it SPECIFIC housing.
Once I got my system built (housing, camera, strobe) I picked up a second camera as a backup.

ah right ok.
having been looking about I'm definitely noticing housing is costing more than a lot of cameras. Which starts to suggest I'm coming at it from the wrong side...
cheers

My housings have always cost way more than the cameras so I end up buying backup cameras. It's extremely rare for a particular housing to work with more than one camera model.

Back
Top Bottom