Cam Strap Tension Pads Ripping out the eyes...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score

Have I just used them to the end of their life? (3 years)

Have I just used them to the end of their life? (3 years)

Cam Strap Tension pads usually wear out due to being removed or installed on the camstraps too many times. In use there just isn't much load on the slots.

Anything rubber has a finite life.

Tobin

---------- Post added ----------

Just curious, how many dives did you do on them? what brand are they? were they metal or plastic? Cheers

Do you know what a camstrap tension pad is?

Tobin

Cam Strap Tension pads usually wear out due to being removed or installed on the camstraps too many times. In use there just isn't much load on the slots.

Tobin

So I don't really have to worry about the little bit of walking the strap does through the eye when I cinch it, just the taking it on and off the cam band?

I guess this is just not enough of an issue that making the eyes bigger/wider is worth it? You know how the generic slip on nonslip things look with what looks like a capital "I" shape to them?

I have at least repurposed the busted ones to tension sidemount bottle straps that don't need removing much.

So I don't really have to worry about the little bit of walking the strap does through the eye when I cinch it, just the taking it on and off the cam band?

I guess this is just not enough of an issue that making the eyes bigger/wider is worth it? You know how the generic slip on nonslip things look with what looks like a capital "I" shape to them?

I have at least repurposed the busted ones to tension sidemount bottle straps that don't need removing much.

We have no plans to build a new injection mold.

Tobin

Tobin

---------- Post added ----------

Do you know what a camstrap tension pad is?

Tobin

Why yes Tobin I actually do, thank you for your question, I have bought some off you previously. I misread the OP it appears I didn't notice I was in DSS forum either, my apologies. Less haste and all that.

Last edited:
Why yes Tobin I actually do, thank you for your question, I have bought some off you previously. I misread the OP it appears I didn't notice I was in DSS forum either, my apologies. Less haste and all that.

Just curious, how many dives did you do on them? what brand are they? were they metal or plastic? Cheers

As far as I know only DSS offers Cam Strap Tension Pads. Not sure how you could make them out of metal or plastic. Made me think you were confusing Cam strap Tension pads with cam buckles.

Tobin

As far as I know only DSS offers Cam Strap Tension Pads. Not sure how you could make them out of metal or plastic. Made me think you were confusing Cam strap Tension pads with cam buckles.

Tobin

Yes, you are correct, I didn't read the OP properly and thought he was talking about cam bands. Thanks for clarifying that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom