Calypso - first hand reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peebee

Registered
Reaction score
Was anyone here on the Calypso on Monday May 16? Any first-hand reports?

My third-hand and probably poorly translated understanding of the story is that this 30' Dive Paradise boat went down to the bottom when passed by another 50' DP boat. All 14 passengers were up on the flying bridge, so it was a bit top heavy. The boat went down to the bottom, but no-one was hurt.

Last I saw the Calypso it was sitting up in the drydock next to Caribe Blu.

peebee:
Was anyone here on the Calypso on Monday May 16? Any first-hand reports?

My third-hand and probably poorly translated understanding of the story is that this 30' Dive Paradise boat went down to the bottom when passed by another 50' DP boat. All 14 passengers were up on the flying bridge, so it was a bit top heavy. The boat went down to the bottom, but no-one was hurt.

Last I saw the Calypso it was sitting up in the drydock next to Caribe Blu.

I was there staying at Caribe Blu, but I was out fishing when it happened. A friend who was also there said he came out and saw just the blue canvas top of the Calipso sticking out of the water and a bunch of other boats around it. Somehow they managed to manuever it over into the slip in the marina where that sling crane could come out and grab it and put it up in the yard. Last I saw it, they were taking advantage of the haulout to repaint the bottom.

I heard the same thing, that all the passengers were on the roof, making it topheavy, and a wake capsized them, and that nobody got hurt. They were lucky.

Back
Top Bottom