Calling Cell Phones in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
For three days I could not get a call through to any Mexican cell phone and Verizon was unable to help. It turns out that the (1) between country code and area code no longer is required for cell phones. Who knew?

Dave Dillehay

For three days I could not get a call through to any Mexican cell phone and Verizon was unable to help. It turns out that the (1) between country code and area code no longer is required for cell phones. Who knew?

Dave Dillehay
My cell phone sent me a message that this was the case.

Mine too

I could not call my dive buddy from my US phone (verizon) to his US phone (verizon, I think) while we were both in Coz. I tried every imaginable combination of not using the country code to using +1 to 001, no luck at all. My phone would just quickly disconnect. What was going wrong?

I could not call my dive buddy from my US phone (verizon) to his US phone (verizon, I think) while we were both in Coz. I tried every imaginable combination of not using the country code to using +1 to 001, no luck at all. My phone would just quickly disconnect. What was going wrong?

What did Verizon say?

What did Verizon say?

I never bothered calling them. He texted me asking him to call so he could get out of yoga with the wives.

I had absolutely no problems texting with him but couldn't call for the life of me.

I never bothered calling them. He texted me asking him to call so he could get out of yoga with the wives.

I had absolutely no problems texting with him but couldn't call for the life of me.

What model phone? There are codes that you can dial to establish network compliance etc. (But only when you are there unfortunately).

Motorola G6. I could call Mexican cell phones. I could text and WhatsApp to phones inside and outside the country. I just couldn't call him. His was the only USA phone I tried to call.

Just to clarify, simply using his 10 digit number as you do at home wouldn't work?

Motorola G6
Is that a Tracphone of Verizon prepaid?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom