Calling all DUI suit owners with photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everyone,

I am going to be purchasing a DUI TLS350SS suit. Been to the DUI web site and played around with the color option to assist in choices, however it is hard to get a true feel for the product colors. So, what I am asking of anyone is if they have a photo of their suit above and below the waterline they are willing to share, it would give me a good idea of what the colors actually look like in the real world. I tend to be drawn to the more conservative colors, however I have seen a couple of options in the brighter categories that make underwater visibility a major plus. So thanks in advance for taking the time to give this a read. Catch ya on the down low.

One million DIR divers can't be wrong, just get black :)

You need to get black and accesorize your colors with mask, snorkel etc...

Don't expect any color to look the same at the surface as it does at 90 feet. What I would suggest is to choose a color that will make you more visible when you are at the surface, like red or yellow.

I have a TLS 350 with red duck on top, it is quite vibrant but at 30 feet in greenish water it just turns dull charcoal grey.

Be sure you get a good fit. My LDS had me stick with a standard size and, frankly, it is still bulky on me. My other dive buddies have a nice "snug" fit with their suits.

How's this? Although mines now a bit faded from the few pool dives I've done with it. I like the yellow so that students can easily identify me underwater if they need something.

20080920-039.jpg

I don't have any below water pictures, but here is one of me and a couple of dive buddy's at Peacock Springs in Luraville Fl. From left to right, Bob, Kathy and Greg. :palmtree: Bob

Attachments

• 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 73
Here's a picture of me in my DUI 30/30 which has the royal blue on the top. This pic is taken at about 80ft...

RJP3.JPG

Here's two of me in the same suit in about 15ft of water at Stingray City...

Sting_RAY_City.jpg

GoodViz2.jpg

And here's me topside at the Hilma Hooker in Bonaire...

WarmDry.jpg

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the responses, suggestions, and photos. I know that color changes at depth so that is why it is great seeing the different shots above and below so it is possible to actually see the results.

Dive well

Back
Top Bottom