Calling all divers in the Monterey bay aera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Searching for any one interested in diving inn the bay on aug 3. Or any one who could give me any info on easy access to some spectacular dive sites. I would hate to miss an oppertunity like this. so your input is important to me.

Unfortunately, I'm out of town that week. The best dive sites in Monterey Bay depend heavily on conditions, which are day to day and vary greatly around the Bay. My first suggestion would be to make a reservation at Point Lobos reserve in Carmel if there are any still available. They will not let you dive solo there, however, so you might troll the link above, or the Yahoo Groups Bay Area Divers for a buddy. Usually, you need 3-4 weeks ahead for a weekend, but weekdays are more accessible. Second, there are several dive boats working the Monterey area. The Monterey Express, the Silver Prince, The BeachHopper and others offer two tank morning or afternoon dives on most weekends. Generally mornings are better because the wind comes up in the afternoon. They'll generally take you to whatever site is best that day, and there will usually be buddies available or tagalongs with a divemaster. They're quite reasonable. I think a two tank dive on the Express is about $75 plus tip but you can find out for sure on their website. You can also connect to these through local dive shop links. The Silver Prince works with Monterey Bay dive center and many local shops, including Captain Aquas where I am just starting as a Divecon, work with the Express.

Back
Top Bottom