Calling all D90 + Aquatica housing + Inon Z240 users....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drpepper

Registered
Reaction score
Please help - I am absolutely pulling my hair out with this.

I bought the above setup just before Christmas, took it on holiday and it didn't work. More specifically, the strobe didn't work. The initial problems are documented elsewhere (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/strobes-lighting/364208-inon-z240-firing-continuously-help.html) and bizarrely, seem to have resolved spontaneously in the last 30 mins.

Now, however, I'm having trouble getting TTL to work - the strobe just seems to fire on max all of the time. It doesn't help that there's no English Z240 manual available.

Currently I've got the strobe set to STTL-low on the left dial, and TTL (9 o'clock) on the right dial. I've tried with the cancel circuit up and down - no difference. Half of the problem is I've never seen it function correctly.

So, questions:
1. What settings are people using to get TTL from the strobe?
2. The flash on the camera still pops up even when the strobe is connected - is this right?
3. Should the green "Auto OK" light come on, on the strobe. If so, when? Mine seems to come on intermittently.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Electrical - Sea&Sea - unfortunately, you can't to my knowledge use a fibreoptic cord with the Aquatica.

Hmmm, just got a pair of Z240s to use with my D7000. There are two English manuals, one for "Basic Use" and one for "Advance" I can try seeing if I can find the relevant pages and get back to you.

Did not check other thread but have you made the strobes work properly just shooting them in manual mode?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I've also been in touch with Jean from Aquatica who's been very helpful. He's highlighted a slight technical hitch in my setup - the fact that I don't have a TTL converter! No wonder I was struggling...

So no more replies required at this stage - thanks very much for the input.

Best wishes,

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom