Called out again.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looks like we are getting somewhat back to normal.

1628 (4:28pm) the pager goes off. “Vehicle in water occupied by 2, Hells Gulch near Hwy 3”.

The pager gets a small “A” gland squirt. Vehicle in the water gets a slightly bigger squirt. Occupied by 2 gets a blast but Hells Gulch caused the gland to pump like a AA Fuel Dragster leaving the line. If these people can’t help themselves out they will not make it.

Hells Gulch is in the very southeast end of the county. We are in the northwest end. To make matters worse where the car went in is Benewah County and we don’t know anything about that area. I was the only one on the air that knew how to get there.

I’m out of the house at 1630 into the car and on the air. Now the traffic mess. This is IRONMAN weekend and we have thousands of extra people here plugging everything up. But I still managed to make it 17 miles before we got canceled, both occupants made it out on their own. Now in the middle of all that traffic I shut down and drive normal. Time, 1642.

This first link shows the general area. It would be near the very lower right .
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=16&x=40&y=409&z=11&w=1

This link shows the distance. Where the lake ends and you can see the river to the left of the big white square. I’m 8 miles down the river to the left.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=205&z=11&w=1

The occupants are hospitalized but that is all I know at this point.

Gary D.

Uncle Pug:
With all that excess unused adrenaline I'm surprised you didn't need hospitalization Gary. :D
I'm used to it and know exactly how to counteract it, as soon as I can catch her.:D :D :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
I'm used to it and know exactly how to counteract it, as soon as I can catch her.:D :D :D

Gary D.

Run, Wobbles! He's at it again! :D

It's sort of funny when you think about it. We get all the gear, do all the training, and practice to do these type of dives. Yet, it is a great relief when we get called off or when the victims are located before you hit the water.

Got more info on the accident.

It was a DUI who ran off the dike road into the river after going down a 40' embankment. Both occupants were injured.
How they made it out of that truck is a wonder in itself.

The accident was so violent it should have killed them on it's own.

More as it shows up.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom