Call in Sick and go diving June 1-4!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dive the Straits of Mackinaw
this is what separates the trolls from the yoopers!

I'm booked on a recreational charter to dive in the Straits of Mackinac. The dates are June 1-4, 2008 and there are a few seats still available, so check your calendars. The charter costs $400. We'll be diving off of Greg Such's boat the Little Alexandria. These will all be recreational dives.

I went on this trip last year and it was a blast! This is a great oppurtunity to dive in Lake Michigan and Lake Huron on the same trip!!! There is a wide variety of wrecks there and they are in great condition, including the Cedarville, the Eber Ward, the Sundusky, and the Barnum.

Bring the kids- there are plenty of activities for non-divers
Mackinaw City is a popular tourist destination and there are plenty of things to do in the area for non-divers, including the imfamous Mackinaw City Pub Crawl :eek: This is also a great place to eat whitefish- Great Lakes history never tasted so good! You can also see the bell of the Edmond Fitzgerald at the Great Lakes Shipwreck museum!

PM me or contact Brett Byers - 630.651.0190 cell or brettbyers@comcast.net

Hey Tony,

Just got back from Mack with Greg and we were only able to get moorings on the Cedarville (bow and stern). Surface conditions were definitely not ideal with frequent small craft advisories so we were only able to get 3 dives in. The good news is that the vis was pretty good with vertical being about 50-60ft and bottom horizontal about 20-30ft. Temps were surpisingly warm for this early at 44-46 F. As usual, the food is great up there and there is always something to do for the non divers. This is a great trip.

Todd

What is the itinerary? How many dives on how many days? Is it all one deal? Or can you break it up and go for just one or two days?

The itinerary is divers choice and Greg will try to accommodate everyone's requests.

We are scheduled for 2 dives each day for 4 days, subject to weather. Greg is flexible with the dive times so that we can avoid marginal weather. For example, we might dive in the afternoon, if the weather is rough in the morning.

Preference is given to divers that sign up for the entire trip, but at this point, divers can sign up for just one or two days.

PM me or contact Brett Byers - 630.651.0190 cell or brettbyers@comcast.net

Hi Tony,
I think I'm scheduled to be on that trip -- look forward to seeing you. I'm trying to get as many hours on the rebreather as possible. Hope all is well and you getting lots of dives in.
Doug

Oops, looks like I had my dates off -- I'm in Mack cty with Greg from the 13th through the 16th. I'm still going to try and get over there on some earlier dates -- you may still see me show up for a day or two. I'll be diving with Greg this week in Presque Isle.

Back
Top Bottom