Call for Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Geetings All,
I am a Graphic/Web Designer currently working on a website for a reputable dive company. I am seeking both underwater and topside high res digital images. To include recreational and technical dive related activities, including captivating images of sealife and environment.
I am trying to capture the essence of the company's passion for the dive industry. The company is a full service diving organization offering complete international multi-agency training in just about every faucet of the industry. A family and youth oriented organization geared to spreading awareness of marine and conservation sciences.
There is no compensation for the images chosen. Compensation will be in the form of recognition of the photographer's name and copyright, short bio page on the site, and any appropriate links approved by the company.
To submit your images for consideration, e-mail in either of the following formats: jpg, gif, or png.
Send to: jovanii_nez@yahoo.com
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I agree with Devon...If they are such a diverse and reputable company why are they not providing you with the images you need? I may be new to diving, but I have owned my own business for 6 years and would rather have my work on my website than work belonging to someone else.

And in addition they can get much more exposure with copyright and full rights to use their photos again on this message board. Sounds like they are just cheap. Kinda like getting someone to produce a quality video that could potentially be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in business for a measly 10 grand prize. The company does no work, produces nothing themselves, yet gets all the real benefits.

I'd suggest you google free clipart and see what you come up with.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. I thought I was clear that I, not the client, am searching for the images.

I made this post to hopefully aid any aspiring underwater photographer/photographer the opportunity to gain a little recognition for their talent, as someone had similarly done for me which helped me get my start and build my portfolio.

The company has provided me with an array of images and media, and they of course insist I use the majority of their media.

I thank you for your feedback and suggestions, and again apologize for any misunderstanding.

Last edited:
If you work in a professional capacity online, then you'd be aware that aspiring photographers have a multitude of outlets through which to showcase and sell their digital media...

You'll also know that you can access the work of those aspiring photographers through those sources and, at a nominal fee, hopefully aid those photographers whilst also gaining access to high quality images.

A reputable company would pay for images not post on a board hoping to get some for free. If its worth using, its worth paying for.
This just looks like a cheap way to get content and nothing more. I really do hope nobody contributes!

As a frequent sports photographer, I see and get these type of requests a lot. I politely decline but others are more passionate. View the following for a more direct reply you might get when asking others to give away their property for free.

Harlan Ellison -- Pay the Writer - YouTube

Thanks a lot for the laugh, GRH. That was hilarious.

There was never a misunderstanding about the use here. You just tried to switch angles but the thread is here to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom