Calibrations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoopy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
TI had the same problems to initially when the pix on screen did not appear as that I have printed.

Found out about this calibration thingy and was advised by the lady at the photo lab, that I should concentrate on croping the picture and leave the color adjustment to them. Their monitor are being inspected by the manufacturer on a regular interval.

Natraully, such an arrangement would mean that there is a raport between the lab technician and myself, and the taste in colors... so far she has not failed me in this aspect, and even called me on a few occassion to check, on a particular photo - "which item's color is more important - the fish or the coral"

Moved from 'Tips and Techniques' archive post to save room. Dee

Once you find a reliable photo place, stick with them or you'll have to recalibrate again. It's nice that you have a technician (probably another photographer) who has enough concern about the colors in your photos to give you tips on calibration and even call you to consult on color prefs. That's not an option, I think, with the online photoprocessors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom