calibrating on multiple days diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
wondering how often folks calibrate on a dive trip when you dive daily and your using the same 02 source (a J or G size cylinder)

assemble the unit for the day
fill with o2
still reading 0.99? no need to calibrate

NOT reading 0.98-0.99 then investigate why. Don't just blindly recalibrate and potentially mask a real problem.

assemble the unit for the day
fill with o2
still reading 0.99? no need to calibrate

NOT reading 0.98-0.99 then investigate why. Don't just blindly recalibrate and potentially mask a real problem.

Yep, basically the same.

- brett

You should only need to calibrate a few times a year. take notes and a log of your cells and mv readings at certain PPO2 levels to check for sensor decay.

I went from Thanksgiving 2020 until March of 2021 before I had to recalibrate, about 100 hours and then I was only getting about 0.95 on the O2 cal, so it was time.
i thought the point of calibrating was to check/match the supply 02 to your cells especially from one site to another and to monitor degradation

Or you could just calibrate in air and match it to O2. (JJ-CCR, calibration is super fast and simple)
NEVER calibrate a rebreather in air unless it has multi-point calibration like the old megs. If you calibrate in air you run a serious risk of oxtox due to linear deviation.

i thought the point of calibrating was to check/match the supply 02 to your cells especially from one site to another and to monitor degradation

You validate calibration, but you only calibrate when it no longer matches a known source. If I O2 flush and it's between 0.98 and 1.02 I consider it "good enough" and don't bother calibrating

You validate calibration, but you only calibrate when it no longer matches a known source. If I O2 flush and it's between 0.98 and 1.02 I consider it "good enough" and don't bother calibrating

It's one button on most units (the 2.7meg being a notable exception). I dont get the months at a time avoidance.

My cells move back and forth between 2 units and I always recalibrate if they move.

Back
Top Bottom