Question calculating NDL is difficult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

int

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to make a diving decompression algorithm. I read a couples of papers but 'winke's yet. so I understand about what is m-value, how to apply gradient factor, how to calculate a tissue compression, what is NDL and how can calculate it, what is water vapor, and difference of compression about descending or in a bottom time.
I already made an algorithm based on bakers paper.
But a change rate of 'ndl' about depth is too big. I have no idea why it is at all.

I referenced mainly diy-zhl/diyzhl.ipynb at master · dmaziuk/diy-zhl when made a program:
calculating tissue compression
스크린샷 2022-12-23 오전 9.12.15.png

calculating NDL
스크린샷 2022-12-23 오전 9.15.58.png

I attached result of my algorithm.
Please give me a opinion about results.

If this is solved, I want to make an Apple Watch app to use my ultra for diving.

Attachments

• r0.txt
    140.2 KB · Views: 81
  • r1-2.txt
    323.1 KB · Views: 67
  • r3-4.txt
    161 KB · Views: 56
I am curious, why not just use the NDL dive tables, like we have for the last 50 years?

SeaRat

I am curious, why not just use the NDL dive tables, like we have for the last 50 years?

SeaRat
People have rode horse carriages for hundreds of years and still can now, but I don’t see them much on streets anymore…
yes, there is nothing wrong with the tables, however, OP wants NDL to show up on his Apple watch.

People have rode horse carriages for hundreds of years and still can now, but I don’t see them much on streets anymore…
yes, there is nothing wrong with the tables, however, OP wants NDL to show up on his Apple watch.
Yeah, that's right. Additionally, I'm not good at diving, so I want to see a more definite value because there are frequent ups and downs and less water maintenance.

You migth have some luck looking at shearwater papers. They make their implementation underlying principles somewhat public, even tough i could not immediately find it rigth now

You migth have some luck looking at shearwater papers. They make their implementation underlying principles somewhat public, even tough i could not immediately find it rigth now
i read and used these mainly:
DIY DECOMPRESSION
By Stuart Morrison
Some Introductory “Lessons” About Dissolved Gas Decompression Modeling
Presented by Erik C. Baker, P.E.
Understanding M-values
By Erik C. Baker, P.E.

I hope it is helpful.

Oh I got some mistakes. That shearwaters data is from my shearwater computer.
The log obtained by diving directly was extracted using the program provided by shearwater.

ah also, did you try looking at subsurface implementation ? they have a planner able to use both Buhlman and VPM

ah also, did you try looking at subsurface implementation ? they have a planner able to use both Buhlman and VPM
fortunely, the values are very similar to mine. Unfortunately, there is also a difference from shear water. Thank you for letting me know though.

Back
Top Bottom