Cairo to Capetown 2011 Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaz Overland

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all, we are off on a trip next year heading from Uk via the Middle East to Cairo and then on to Capetown in South Africa.
We have a surpport vehicle in the pipeline and hope to take along other vans with us. We are a married couple, myself a Padi MSDT and my wife is a Padi Divemaster.
In another van will be my Nephew and his Girlfriend who are also Padi Divemasters.
Camping and Diving is the name of the game.
Places we hope to dive are: Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Malawi, Mozambique and of Course South Africa.
We will be leaving Uk around Febuary 2011 and are hoping we can find some other people to join us.
Our vehicles are Toyota Hiace which are more than capable of the roads and terrain and if need be, we can find spares all the way down. Attached to each vehicle will be a trailer for dive equipment. Instead of carrying loads of tanks and a compressor we will be using Dive Centres all the way but Other personnel equipment is fine.
5 people to each van including the driver.
The Expedition should take around 4 to 5 months and cost around £4000 each towards costs, etc. Including food and Accommadation.
Mainly camping and cooking under the stars.
All diving is optional and because we will be using local dive centres, you will be putting money back into the local communities.
If you want to know more please email me on diveoverland@yahoo.com
We are not a company but have 19 years overland experince both in the Middle East and Africa and have already dove most of these places, but we want to do one big awesome trip for once...
We are at present in the Middle East working so please be patient for a reply.

We are also looking at having people join on for around 300U$ per week along the way for different sections................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom