Cairns vs Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Can some one tell me which one is better Cairns or Hawaii. I have to choose one destination from these two. I am mostly interested in good beaches. Also can some one tell me whether it would be good idea to visit Cairns and Christchurch (New Zealand) during end May-early June time frame. What's weather like at that time ?

Thx
Mountainlover

Don't know about the other one but we just today returned from Maui to the land of snow and Ice. We had a great time diving in Maui ( even got to meet Mr + Mrs Ladycute in person too) :) The diving was great and the company Ladycute refered us to was grrrrrreat !!! we dove with Don and Rachel at Maui Dreams and had a fantastic time time . We did our AOW with them while we were there too. reef Sharks,Rays, Lots of turtles, Octopus, Eels, Gadzillions of fish good Wreck dives, Great wall dives at Molokini the Humpbacks are arriving what more could you want :) Give them a call and have them set you up.

Good luck

Cherry

mountainlover wrote...
Can some one tell me which one is better Cairns or Hawaii. I have to choose one destination from these two. I am mostly interested in good beaches. Also can some one tell me whether it would be good idea to visit Cairns and Christchurch (New Zealand) during end May-early June time frame. What's weather like at that time ?
Good time frame for skiing in Christchurch, no doubt. Tramping around is more appealing to me, so I'd go some time other than deep winter.

Haven't been to Hawaii, but have been to Cairns. I could be wrong, but I don't believe there are any good beaches near there, only tidal mud flats.

I don't fancy going back there.

In Cairns there aint no beach, but one hour or less north and you'll find some nice beaches, like Four Mile beach in Port Douglas. It would cost you something to get there but once there your US dollar is about double the AUS. dollar. :rolleyes: The liveaboards out of Port Douglas are alot, alot, alot less expensive for someone using US dollars:boom:
Whether diving is better than one place or another might depend on your point of view, or when (time of year) you plan to visit.
Decisions. ..

Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom