Cabo Pulmo Early March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Charlene Mantis Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had a great time in Cabo Pulmo July 2021 and are planning a trip for early March 2022 after seeing the grey whales at Magdalena Bay. Question - I generally do not enjoy cold water diving. At water temps approx 66 degrees - will the dives still be enjoyable? Anyone dove Cabo Pulmo in early March that can share their experience? Recommend 7mm wetsuit? Thanks!!

Wetsuit thickness definately varies person to person. I have not been there in March but was there this past June and temps varied from 66-74 F that week. My wife and I used a 5mm and hood and were a little chilly on the lower temp days.
That same trip it got as low as 60F in Cabo San Lucas and we were freezing in 5mm. Dive Master said she was surprised we stayed down so long as cold as it was to which I said, "But you are also wearing a 5mm?" She then said," Yes, but I am also wearing a battery operated heated vest as well". That's another option. Maybe bring a hooded vest and rent a suit, the dive shops in Cabo Pulmo had 5 and 7mm rentals so you can always find the perfect one for whatever the temp.
The main thing is you loved it and want to go back. I'm going back in December, beats working.

I've been in various times of the year including March.
It's nice. Definitely cooler temps at depth and topside.
My local water is usually 50F so I usually always pack a hooded vest and a shorty.
However if I know I'll be doing a lot of diving, for March, I usually will wear more.
Personally, a Lavacore hooded vest and a Sharskins zip short sleeve is what I wear on top. I get about 5mm of thermal protection and it's all neutral.

But of course, it's all relative. If you know you'll be cold, then bring more. it's not like you'll complain of being too warm when you're in the water or cruising back on the boat with the wind making you cold!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom