Caballito del Caribe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgaryclark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Arriving in a couple of weeks by cruise ship. The ships 2 tank dive excursion was cancelled and I'll miss the departure times with the dive shop that I typically use on my trips to the island. They recommended Caballito del Caribe...I've never made a trip with this outfit. Can anyone that has provide some feedback on their shop and operations?
Thanks very much!

I ran a forum search on the name and only found them mentioned in Christina's frequent trips. She's very knowledgable of the island and a delightful lady so you could ask her. I never figured out that # linking, but here's her profile and contact info: ccannon707

The email link on their site doesn't work, perhaps part of today's Amazon cloud problem that has hit many, but their address is caballitocozumel@prodigy.net.mx

I'm thinking I might do a Pirate Ship dinner cruise with them this week, but I arrive tomorrow so will just swing by after diving one morning.

Hi - I used to dive with them many moons ago. When I did dive with them I know they usually left port later than most shops in the AM. A good portion of their clients would be coming over on the ferry - I believe they had arrangements with a dive shop in PdC to take their clients on CdC boats. They have a big slow boat and at least 1or 2 fast 6-pack boats. I would contact them directly to get a straight answer. This is their website with contact info:

Thanks for the replies on this. I've contacted about a dozen different shops and this is the only one that has a late enough departure and early enough return time for me to be comfortable with. I'm sure they run a fine shop, just like getting the scoop from the fine folks on this board.

Thanks for the replies on this. I've contacted about a dozen different shops and this is the only one that has a late enough departure and early enough return time for me to be comfortable with. I'm sure they run a fine shop, just like getting the scoop from the fine folks on this board.
Looks like the people across the street have left before I could ask them.

Please let us know how it goes. From looking through the list of Cozumel Dive Ops, I don't see any that advertise such a late departure (11 a.m.) other than afternoon dives that don't get back as soon as Caballito (3 p.m.). It does seem like a good timeframe for cruise passengers.

Back
Top Bottom