C5050+ PT-015 owners with UWL-100 lens (help settings needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First off long time no type, i have been away for a while due to some personal / medical issues

I just got back from a trip where i rented a UWL 100 to use. I hadnt used this lense before so i went looking on the net for info on settings for this lense with the PT-015 housing.

there is some info out there but not alot,so i used the splashdown divers info but on the settings with lense(no dome) it only gives a range of focus from 8.4 - 31 in which is good but i need something more specfic so that i can use for a wide variety of subjects and fine tune for close in.

what im really wanting is what are the focus settings with the UWL-100 (hyperfocal) where everything from a certain distance to infinaty is tack sharp at certain f-stops 4, 4.5, 5, 5.6

some of the closer images i took are a little soft but i can sharpen those to make them look good. I was basically using splashdown divers set up 1 for use with wide angle lense without the dome with my focus set at .8m or 31 in.

also what is the attraction of the dome, i really dont follow it as it almost doubles the cost of the lense and only offers 25 additional degrees of view, only thing i can see is that the focus abilities are much closer

Dee, leesa, alcina, any users familar with the UWL-100 w/o the dome care to help as any help would be appreciated

Tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom