C5050 price drop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at the c5050....just wondering if you folks think that the price will drop in the next 6 months or so?

LOL, sure it will being i already have mine.

seriously, i bet they quit making them soon with the c5060 already out.

steve

I really don't think so. The $550 +\- prices found now haven't budged since the 5060 was released. I doubt they'll go too much lower.

We won't know for sure until the 5060's get into the hands of regular users and reviews start coming in. There have been more cons than pros reported but very few have had them in hand to offer opinions. Alot of folks are either waiting to see or are going ahead and buying the 5050 with plans to take a look at the 5060 after it's been around awhile.

Just my .0005¢

If I remember correctly, when C4040 was discontinued and Oly came out with C4000, the price of teh C4040 actually went up.
Certainly if people find the C5060 more of a setback then there is a very good chance that the price of the remaining C5050 might actuallly go up as well.

just my 1 baht (about 0.025$) :)

It has dropped in the UK. I know because mine arrived yesterday!! :D

I have a magazine dated August this year and prices in the ads range from £469-£519. I got it for £389. Of course, we have to remember that most things are overpriced here compared with the US and many other places but that's a drop certainly.

PS - will be posting some questions on the camera and housing (which I don't have :( ) in due course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom