c3040z and c4000z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SUBMERGED

Registered
Reaction score
Which of these would be better for diving photos?
I know of a few differences like the 3.4mg to the 4.1meg and that the 3040 has the 1.8 lens. Also a nice little feature the 4000 has that I just found out is that you can resize in the camera. If you shot a photo say at 4.1meg you can resize in camera and make a copy for email.(640x480) I have seen some nice photos taken with the 3040 but none with the 4000.
But which one would be better .

SUBMERGED once bubbled...
Which of these would be better for diving photos?
I know of a few differences like the 3.4mg to the 4.1meg and that the 3040 has the 1.8 lens. Also a nice little feature the 4000 has that I just found out is that you can resize in the camera. If you shot a photo say at 4.1meg you can resize in camera and make a copy for email.(640x480) I have seen some nice photos taken with the 3040 but none with the 4000.
But which one would be better .

Either one is excellent for underwater work. Personally, I'd choose the 3040 with the brighter lens. With 3.4MP you will still get good 5x7 prints. If you want larger prints, then go with the 4000.

I know you can do some editing within the camera but I think it's better to do all editing with software on your computer instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom