Bypass or disconnect bauer securus system.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TI1976

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, the securus filter system in our bauer mini verticus compressor is causing some trouble from time to time over the last year. I think the main problem is a bad or broken cable from the filter. We have been running our filter replacement consistently at hour interval, and having good experience with that for the last decade (since 1980`s).
Is there anyone that have bypassed or disconnect the bauer securus system before and can give some advise before we start studying the electro drawings ?

Hi,

Where are you located?
Is the compressor control hardwired or a Micro?

I would strongly oppose to bridging the SECURUS as you have to estimate the saturation of your filter cartridge 'manually'. And you may not get the full life time out of the cartridge.

There is a B-SECURUS retrofit kit available now as some of the parts are not available anymore.

Cheers

Mecky

I know this is an old thread but I just posted a new thread because I'm having problems getting filter cartridges to work with my older Securus-equipped Bauer Capitano. I'm hoping someone can direct me to how I can bridge or prevent the Securus system from not allowing my compressor to start up.

Can you take a picture of the Securus box with the cover off and one of the inside of the electrical control box? There are a couple ways to lock out the Securus and I need to see what would be easiest for you.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Attached is a pic of the interior of the Bauer Control 2 box but I'll also take and post a picture of the interior of the Securus box as well. I've also made a wiring diagram so will post that shortly as well. If this works I guess I'll have to make a trip down to southern Florida and take you our for a couple of cold beers!

Attachments

• Securus1.JPG
    Securus1.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 520
OK, here is a pic of the Securus box as well as my wiring diagram. Hope you can read them well enough but I'll keep tabs on the string and hopefully we can work through this. Again, many thanks for your help.
Securus1.JPG
Securus_wiring.JPG

Are any of the positions on the terminal strip in the Securus box marked, I.E. Com, N (Neutral), NO and NC?

No, I checked the Securus box very carefully but all seven terminals have no markings. I do however know where the four wires ( 2 black and 2 white) on the seven terminal posts go in the main electrical box. I've named the three attachments as stated below so you can see each position.
#1 - this black wire goes to the "on" switch button, position #3 shown on pic "SecB" see attached
- this also connects to the front left terminal in pic "SecA"
#2 - this black wire goes to the left side terminal in pic "SecC" see attached. In the picture there are two red wires attached to that side terminal.
#3 - no wires
#4 - this white wire goes to the same place as the #2 black wire, the left side terminal in pic "SecC" see attached.
#5 - this white wire goes to the left terminal in the back row of the block shown in "SecA" see attached.

I'm not certain whether this will help you out but at least it tells you where those four wires in the Securus box go in the main electrical cabinet. Do keep in mind that we converted the compressor motor from three phase to single phase earlier but I do not think that affected the Securus system at all.

Attachments

• Sec-A.JPG
    Sec-A.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 610
  • Sec-B.JPG
    Sec-B.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Sec-C.JPG
    Sec-C.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 352
Have a look in side the securus cover,it may have a wiring diagram.
Are you using bauer filter carts or after market carts?
Also the bauer part number on the side of the securus box

Thanks for replying to the thread. Unfortunately there was no wiring diagram inside the cover though that would have been nice. I have made my own wiring diagram and have plotted all of the wires from the Securus system as to where they go in the main electrical box as well as where it wires into the compressor itself. I can share that with you if it helps. The Bauer part number is partly obscured by the cartridge case but it reads "N 15094". I have one original Bauer cartridge, part #060031-410 but they are obsolete so I purchased two Lawrence Factor X22570 cartridges...which are supposed to be a replacement for the cancelled Bauer filters. Apparently they work in most applications but not mine.

The original filter works but now gives me a "replace filter" code on Securus but the Lawrence Factor filters come up with a short type fault and will not allow my compressor to fire up. As such I really have no option but to disable the Securus and go from there. There is another thread I have going in the Compressor section as well if you wish to check it out as well. Regardless I am reaching out for possible solutions and I welcome your input. If you need more info please do not hesitate to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom