Bye Bye Boaty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally we have answers and closure.

Haha just kidding.

Business as usual

Nothing to see here.

What boats? There were no boats here.

They took the "Caribbean Boats"
August 15, 2019

In Cozumel

COBAK1-25.jpg

By Karina Carrión

COZUMEL, August 14.- Despite the secrecy that the “Quintana Roo y del Caribe SA de CV Maritime Booster” has maintained, regarding the location of the Caribe II and III vessels, which were in the Cozumel rada until the afternoon last Tuesday, it transpired that these were claimed by the firm Aluminum Marine, owner of the ships for their next offer.

According to information, for more than a year, the boats had been in the pairo in the Rada de Cozumel, at the height of the Sedena ramp, after an explosion in the Caribbean I ship was registered in February 2018, which It resulted in the aforementioned company being related to an investigation of what happened.

The permanence of the two boats in the Cozumel road was visible to the islanders who circulated daily on the boardwalk where the northern hotel zone begins. However, last July the movement of the ship "Caribe III" was noticed, which was mobilized during the early morning. Days later it was revealed that he was seen arriving at the cargo-tourism pier on the route to Punta Sam-Isla Mujeres, where he spent the night, and then continued his career.

In the same act, on Tuesday, August 13, the ship “Caribe II” was removed from the Cozumel Rada, heading in the afternoon on the same route as the “Caribe III”, but when trying to obtain information in the company or with a representative, the secrecy was maintained, even by the port authorities.

Although it transpired that both vessels would travel far abroad, to Australia !, through the actions implemented by Aluminum Marine; It should be remembered that according to the commercial investigation of the SEIDO: UEIORPIFAMQR / 0000749/2016, at the request of the then Attorney General's Office (PGR), as well as the Ministry of Economy, last year the assurance was carried out commercial. In other words, the legal documentation of the shipping company, which prohibited its sale, transfer or assignment, officially ignoring the legal status of the shipping company. It was sources worthy of faith that expressed that both vessels would be transferred to the other remote destination by the aforementioned company.

It is worth mentioning that a group of businessmen are interested in operating a third shipping company that could then replace “Quintana Roo and Caribbean Maritime Booster” (Caribbean Boats), so they have been meeting at various points in order to acquire a vessel, But so far there is no official statement in this regard.

COBAK2-24-300x169.jpg

I’m not really sure what that just said. I think it said they snuck the boats out and nobody wants to talk about it.

Sounds like an argument between:

The gov from which Borge stole everything that wasn't nailed down, allegedly. Oh, wait he sold gov land too and that counts as 'nailed down' I think.

And:

And the creditors who likely aren't get paid at all.

Its a shame. Sure they might have bought the boats with stolen funds, but hey they were staffed by lots of Cozumeleños, they were fast, and they had that cool couch thing up front. And NONE of the ones I was on every blew up, even slightly....

I wonder if it will make an episode of that terrible repo show where they get the boats and planes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxxIna9MtgnInX-0rRh1U-Gaga0X-fl3XUAraZXfEIO3IWCviBFg.jpg

This sucks. Under those boats was a bait ball so big you lost the divers inside of it. Was always a great finish to diving the Casitas wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom