Buzzzzz, Buzzzzzz, Buzzzzz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
No pager this time but the phone vibrates. I look and put it back on my side. A couple of minutes later it vibrates again. Like before I look at it and put it back. A third time it vibrates and again I look and it’s dispatch. Poop it’s 1630 and we aren’t quite an hour into the movie yet.

This can’t be good. My #2, his wife and son are two rows in front of us at the Movie Theater watching Talladega. It's funny.

I go into the lobby and the dispatcher says we have a body in the lake off Tubbs Hill. “Ok, I’m on my way”. I go back into the theater and smack #2 who has just got the page. Then the 5 of us file out. Get home, load the video camera, switch rigs and I’m headed for the scene, non-code, at 1655.

I get there at 1710 and get briefed. Seems that some Skin Divers were playing around a pick-up cab size pile of rocks when they see a pony tale sticking out. Depth is around 20 feet and they think there might be a body in the man made pile of rather big rocks.

We load our gear onto a RAVE and go the couple of hundred yards to the scene. Beach the boat and talk with the witnesses.

Then after getting some more info I take one of the FNG’s with me and leave #2 as the 90%. The FNG has made it to every call so far and has managed to get wet every time. :D

We drop down to the 20’ rock pile that has moved to 8’ and start looking. There was a puffy white sock back in the pile that may have looked like a foot. So we took the pile apart and there was nothing but some sun glass pieces, lots of love recaps and some broken bottles.

It made for a nice 10-minute dive that didn’t exceed 9’ even searching the surrounding area.

The FNG used 6-700 pounds of air and I used 100. He just said, “I’ll get there!” Under my watchful eye, my opinion of his actions and the dive in general, he did excellent preformed like a very seasoned veteran.

Again I’m very proud of his actions.

Here is the sat pic of the area. The first point south of the breakwater and about 50-75' out.
http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2581&Y=26397&W=1
We loaded up at the tuning fork looking dock so it was a quick no wake trip. :D

Gary D.

My wife just brought up a good one. She reminded me that we have been called out during Christmas dinner a couple of times. Thanksgiving dinner a couple of times. Basically every holiday activity at least once. In the grocery store with a full cart, camping, boating, making whoopee, meetings, training, you name it, we have been called out but today was a first.

We have never been called out from a Movie Theater or play (which I don’t go to a lot of).

Just goes to show ya, something new is always popping up. :D

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom