Buying gear in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoonifer

Reaction score
Hi all

I am just about to go on my first major dive holiday after diving for one day last year on completion of my open water course.

We are heading off to Dahab in Egypt and were wondering if we can buy snorkel, fins and mask there rather than getting it in overexpensive Britain and carting it over there.

Does the plethora of dive centres mean that a lot of them sell gear as well as hire it out?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Andy

I would either rent there, or buy before you get there. You could buy in eilat, It would probobly be cheaper than in Dahab. But I think your best bet would be to buy in the states and bring it with you. I was there a long time ago, and that's what we did. It may be different now

have a good time, be careful buying weed
Babar

Hi Andy,

its very easy to hire the full set there ..usually in Masbat, thats the center, easy for 15 egyptian pounds, offcourse if you are lucky you can get get ones..if you dont wana shop around for a bargin then it will be very easy to get good set for 5$ ..

Dahab, is a very good choice dont miss on the canyon and the blue hole, el garden and the south of dahab is great, as much as the light house is a beautiful diving spot, yet its always crowded as its the easiest place for dive center to do the practical courses...
if you need further information dive in www.desert-roos.com, yet its in dutch.
George

Spoonifer:
Hi all

I am just about to go on my first major dive holiday after diving for one day last year on completion of my open water course.

We are heading off to Dahab in Egypt and were wondering if we can buy snorkel, fins and mask there rather than getting it in overexpensive Britain and carting it over there.

Does the plethora of dive centres mean that a lot of them sell gear as well as hire it out?

Hope someone can help.

Honestly I think it would be better for you to buy your own ABC in the UK and have it already as a part of your diving gear. You can get professional things Egypt but they are even more expensive. Most of the shops are selling masks, fins and snorkels but this is a crap for tourists - not for divers.
I did that even before i started diving - my friend advised me to buy diver's staff for snorkeling rather than the crap they are selling in Egypt. And he was right - mask I bought then I still use - because it's a very good one.
Mania

Back
Top Bottom