Buying Fusion Bullet with SLT installed worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SF Brent

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first drysuit after calling too many dives due to temperature. I'm pretty set on getting the Fusion Bullet through the Dive Right In deal for $1,300. I'm wondering if it is worth it to have them install the SLT removable seals or if I can purchase them at a later date and install myself. Any other reviews on the Bullet would also be appreciated!

User replaceable seals are priceless. Get them.
Get a p-valve while you're at it.

I have a Fusion drysuit with the SLT and the SiTec dry gloves.
Happy with the seals/gloves. It just takes a little bit of learning to get the hang of snapping the gloves to the suit when donning. But after a few times, no issue.

Replaceable wrist seals are great. Neck might or might not be right for you, opinions vary.

Use the wax provided. Don't use silicone grease on the glove rings, a buddy had a glove pop off after doing that.

i have a fusion tech and wouldn't recommend buying one new at retail. would rather go with a customized usia techniflex in that price range. you can add a removable seal system yourself or just get dry glove rings. neck seal failures are less common.

at 600 though, it becomes a better value proposition to deal with the trashbag issues of the fusion.

For Sale - Whites Fusion Bullet DRYSUIT 2XL/3XL .....$595

Yes, get the SLT installed professionally, it'll save you loads of time, money and frustration. Not a weekend goes by that I don't have to exchange or replace a seal, I do 2-4 dives a weekend with students in Fusions so that's 25 seals every dive.

I absolutely LOVE my Si-Tech replaceable seals on my Fusion with Bullet skin or any skin for that matter. My next "improvement" is to get the replaceable neck seal.

Yes, it's worth fitting SLT and latex seals can also be used.

Depends. If you're diving frequently (multiple times per week), then yes, absolutely.

If you're diving less frequently, then you can easily DIY new seals as they tear. That's latex though. For silicone, you don't have a choice.

I installed the replaceable neck seal because that's harder to do than wrist seals.

Back
Top Bottom