• Oceanic Veo 4

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Oceanic Geo 4

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Cressi Cartesio

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im a newly qaulified recreational diver in Australia.
I slowly hope to buy my own gear.

My local dive shop stocks 3 dive computers around the same price.
Oceanic Veo 4
Oceanic Geo 4
Cressi Certesio

Could people please explain the differences between these models and pros and cons of each?
Thanks, much appreciated.

Where in Australia are you? You may have more choices.
I drove only one hour away to buy mine [ this is close in some parts of Oz 'just down the road'].

I’ve never heard of that Cressi, so have no information there.

The Geo and Veo both offer dual algorithm (Pelagic DSAT and PZ+). The Geo is more wristwatch sized, where the Veo is a bit larger. The Geo also has a couple of things that the Veo does not. More buttons on the Geo, so you can actually back up in the menu. The Geo also allows gas switching, but as a new diver, that’s probably not something you’ll be doing right away. Either are good computers. For roughly the same price, I’d get the Geo.

I would go with one of the Oceanics, the Geo 4 for a watch style, Veo 4 for a puck. Both give you the choice of a liberal decompression algorithm, DSAT, or a middle of the road algorithm, PZ+. The Cressi RGBM algorithm is known for being quite conservative. You can always dive a liberal computer more conservatively, nothing you can do with a conservative computer. I dived the older Geo 2 for many years, as a backup computer, it performed flawlessly, my son is still using it.

Best of luck in your computer purchase, good diving :)

Cressi Cartesio is part of Cressi’s attempt to rebrand their product range. “Atelier”. Same products - fancier marketing and cannot be sold online. Pricing is protected. You’re essentially paying a premium for a worthless label.

I’ve never heard of that Cressi, so have no information there.

The Geo and Veo both offer dual algorithm (Pelagic DSAT and PZ+). The Geo is more wristwatch sized, where the Veo is a bit larger. The Geo also has a couple of things that the Veo does not. More buttons on the Geo, so you can actually back up in the menu. The Geo also allows gas switching, but as a new diver, that’s probably not something you’ll be doing right away. Either are good computers. For roughly the same price, I’d get the Geo.

You can gas switch on the veo as well with up to 3 gasses 0-100% nitrox

I would go with the Geo. It (like the Veo) has a more liberal algorithm than the Cressi, so you'll be allowed more bottom time.

Also, the Geo 4 (and Veo 4) has Bluetooth for downloading your dive logs. I think the Cressi requires a proprietary (expensive) cable to download from it.

I prefer a watch-sized computer (like the Geo) over a larger puck, like the Veo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom